This site is dedicated to the ongoing journey of emotional and spiritual growth in the face of physical deterioration. Join Susan S. in her day-to-day battles where victories are celebrated and defeats are sorrowfully appreciated for their lessons.

Click here to read My Story Begins or Lots to Think About Now.

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Moving with Vitamin D

I'm exhausted! I would say our house is about 78.6% packed up in preparation for our move to Raleigh. I have to go to NY in a couple days for some 'maintenance' work on my facial bones, and then its back home just in time for the drive to our new home. Oy. Scared and excited at the same time. The genius neurologist came up with some interesting ideas about the role of vitamin D in my bone healing process. He has some interesting theories about low levels of vitamin D and headache prone people (his area of expertise) which seems to be supported by literature from other disciplines. I had, at the same time, independently been wondering about the role of vitamin D with my problems in that I've noticed whenever I spend time in the sun, I have substantially reduced inflammation and pain. Because of this, I had already begun D supplementation, but apparently not anywhere near the levels necessary to have an impact on my body. The doc wants me to have my blood levels checked before starting with large vitamin D supplementation (by the way, it's not really a vitamin). I'll keep you posted. Later!

0 comments:






Powered by WebRing.