This site is dedicated to the ongoing journey of emotional and spiritual growth in the face of physical deterioration. Join Susan S. in her day-to-day battles where victories are celebrated and defeats are sorrowfully appreciated for their lessons.

Click here to read My Story Begins or Lots to Think About Now.

Friday, August 17, 2007

Listen to Everyone!

I survived and I'm home amongst moving boxes and am recovering. The combination of my SOMI brace and Tempurpedic pillow kept my head and neck steady and comfortable throughout the flight home. My companion talked the entire way with a gentleman next to her as I comfortably dozed to their melodic voices, but I still got some info from them. It seems that the gentleman travels frequently for medical treatment, as he was that evening for chemo therapy in New York, and he had several tips about charitable institutions which help people with the expensive burden of medical travel. I checked out one web site http://www.aircharitynetwork.org/ and feel totally encouraged by the idea that people actually organize to help those of us in this type of situation. I'm so glad I kept one ear open while I slept. My father told me more than once never to give up an opportunity to hear what someone has to say. You never can tell when you're going to get that wonderful bit of information, or even inspiration! Later!!

0 comments:






Powered by WebRing.