This site is dedicated to the ongoing journey of emotional and spiritual growth in the face of physical deterioration. Join Susan S. in her day-to-day battles where victories are celebrated and defeats are sorrowfully appreciated for their lessons.

Click here to read My Story Begins or Lots to Think About Now.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Stepfather Part II

Having the gift of a loving father is a wonderful thing and I am sorry to no longer have my father with me in this world. When a stepfather steps in and chooses to fill that role of the missing father to an adult child, it is an incredibly altruistic gift in that the caring is truly selfless. There is no biological bond, nor is there a history of childhood cuddling to lay the foundation for such giving. When a stepfather steps in as mine has, it is a beautiful gift and I hope I'm just like him when I grow up!

0 comments:






Powered by WebRing.